Sunday, April 21, 2013

US History Extra Credit: Due Monday, 4/22!

"All the President's Men" is a classic movie that deals with Watergate.  "All the President's Men - Revisited" is not the movie, but appears to be more of a discussion about Watergate and its players.  It's on the Discovery Channel tonight from 8-10 pm.  I don't think there will be foul language or nudity given the topic, so I'm pretty confident in using this without previewing it for you.  While we aren't quite at Nixon & Watergate, it might be worthwhile to watch.  I say "might" only because it's new so I (obviously) have not previewed it...so what I wrote about it being a discussion, that's just my guess based on the previews & what I've read.  Same for guessing on the foul language & nudity thing.  If I say that enough I figure a few of you might watch it just to see if there is and then blame me for telling you to watch it... :)

I smell some extra credit happening for anyone who can write a 2-3 page summary of the discussion from tonight's show.  Not a discussion of Watergate or "All the President's Men" - a summary of the show on tonight.  Since I'll be watching it, there's no way to con your way through this using Google or YouTube or a cheat sheet of some kind. :)  Anyone who does this must turn it in at the beginning of class tomorrow (no exceptions, sorry!)  I'll tell you what you get once I see your work.  It will be worth your time.

PS - Don't copy off each other.  I can tell, and that will lead to a loss of extra credit opportunity for the rest of the year...plus a conference with someone that has more power than me.  It isn't worth it.  Trust me. :)  Do your own work - it will prepare you for the Regents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment