Jim Crow notes (PowerPoint) is due on Wednesday, 2/4
Chapter 15 Test is Thursday, 2/5
Plessy Notes (PowerPoint) due Friday, 2/6
QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE LIST OF ASSIGNMENTS DUE SICNE YOU ALREADY DID THEM WHILE I WAS OUT SICK. I didn't realize this yesterday when I posted them, sorry!
Please remember that the notes you bring to class must be hand-copied in order to be used on your HWQs!! Print them out for convenience at school or the public library if you choose, but you will not be allowed to use that in class, as always. The notes have already been sent attached to an Engrade email, and the notes & question have already been posted in Edmodo. The Engrade email gives you the new code to access Edmodo, should you need it.
YOU ALREADY DID THESE QUESTIONS - THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS WEEK'S HOMEWORK LIST!!!!! DO NOT DO THEM AGAIN!
1. Why were architects able to create skyscrapers?
2. How did electric transit change America?
3. How did urban planning change cities like New York?
4. Why are Orville & Wilbur Wright important?
5. How did George Eastman change photography?
1. Why did children now attend school?
2. What were the criticisms about public schools?
3. How did educational opportunities vary by race?
4. Why was there an increase in the number of high schools?
5. Why were immigrants encouraged to attend schools?
6. Why is Booker T. Washington important?
7. Why is W.E.B. Du Bois important?
8. Explain the Niagara Movement.
1. Why were poll taxes used?
2. Why were grandfather clauses developed?
3. What were Jim Crow laws?
4. Why is Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) important?
5. How did Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) change American society?
6. Explain “racial etiquette?”
7. How were blacks who did not follow the rules of racial etiquette punished?
8. Describe the discrimination blacks who moved North experienced.
9. Describe the discrimination Mexicans experienced.
10. Why was debt peonage used?
11. Why did Chinese in the West experience discrimination?
1. Why were amusement parks created?
2. How did bicycles change women’s fashion?
3. Identify the brands still famous today that developed during this time period.
4. Why did spectator sports develop?
5. How did baseball change American society?
6. Why is Joseph Pulitzer important?
7. Why is William Randolph Hurst important?
8. Why is Mark Twain important?
9. How did the sale of goods change?
10. How did the way Americans bought products change?