I will put up the "grid" later tonight or tomorrow with remaining work for next week, but nothing else will be added for Monday.
Chapter 28 Section 1:
China Responds to Pressure from the West
- Why wasn’t the emperor impressed with Western gifts?
- Describe China’s agriculture.
- Why did the British introduce Opium to the Chinese?
- Why did the Opium War begin?
- How did the Opium War affect China?
- What internal challenges did China face?
- Why did the Taiping Rebellion occur?
- Why did the Dowager Empress resist change?
- How did the creation of spheres of influences affect China?
- Why did the Boxer Rebellion begin?
- How did the Boxer Rebellion affect China?
Chapter 28 Section 2:
- How did Japan remain isolated for so long?
- Why did the Japanese receive Commodore Perry?
- Why is the Treaty of Kanagawa important?
- How did Emperor Mushuhito plan to oppose Western imperialism in Japan?
- List and explain the ways in which the Meiji Era brought reform to Japan.
- Why did Japan become imperialistic?
- How did Japanese imperialism affect China?
- How did Japanese imperialism affect Russia?
- How did Japanese imperialism affect Korea?
Chapter 28 Section 3:
U.S. Economic Imperialism in Latin America
- Describe land ownership in Latin America.
- Why was political instability a widespread problem in Latin America?
- Why did the caudillos face little opposition?
- Why did foreign nations benefit more from trade with Latin American nations?
- What didn’t Latin American nations spend money on?
- Why is the Monroe Doctrine important?
- Why is the Panama Canal important?
- Why is the Roosevelt Corollary important?
Chapter 28 Section 4:
The Mexican Revolution
- Why was there war in Texas?
- How were Santa Anna and Juarez different?
- Explain La Reforma.
- Describe Diaz’s rule in Mexico.
- Why was “Pancho” Villa important?