Chapter 25 Section 1:
The Beginnings of Industrialization (pp. 633-7)
- Why was an agrarian revolution necessary?
- Why was crop rotation successful?
- How did political stability give Great Britain an advantage over other countries?
- Name and describe two technological advances in the textile industry.
- How did industrialization affect transportation?
- Why did railroads “revolutionize life?”
Chapter 25 Section 2:
Industrialization: Case Study in Manchester (pp. 638-42)
- Explain the positive and negative impacts of urbanization.
- Why were there tensions between the social classes?
- Identify eight positive effects of the Industrial Revolution.
- Identify two negative effects of the Industrial Revolution.
- Why was child labor acceptable?
- How did factories affect the environment?
Chapter 25 Section 3:
Industrialization Spreads (pp. 643-6)
- How was the American textile industry changed by the Industrial Revolution?
- How did industrialization affect the Northeast?
- Explain the ways businesses could make profit.
- Describe the two main impacts the Industrial Revolution had on the global community.
Chapter 25 Section 4:
An Age of Reform (pp. 647-52)
- Explain Adam Smith’s ideas.
- Explain Thomas Malthus’ ideas.
- Explain David Ricardo’s ideas.
- Describe utilitarianism.
- How did Robert Owen carry out utopian ideals?
- Why did socialism develop?
- Explain Karl Marx’s ideas.
- How did unions help the working class?
- How did the Industrial Revolution affect women?
- How did the reforms movement provide lasting affects in the United States?