The Agrarian Revolution
1. What was the significance of the Agrarian Revolution?
The Industrial Revolution Begins
1. What were the causes of the Industrial Revolution?
2. Why did the Industrial Revolution start in Great Britain?
3. What geographic factors help explain why industrialization began in Great Britain?
1. Why might it be important to have fast, reliable transportation between industrial cities in any one nation, such as Manchester & Liverpool in Great Britain.
2. What factors fed the spread of industrialization in Europe.
3. Why did European cities grow so quickly in the 19th Century?
Effects of the Industrial Revolution
1. Why might the British Parliament have examined the conditions of child factory workers?
2. How did the effects of industrialization in the US compare to those in Great Britain?
3. What were the effects of the Industrial Revolution?
4. How do you think the environment was affected in areas of industrial concentration?
5. How were the effects of industrialization uneven across Europe?
6. How was socialism a response to industrialization?
Results of the Industrial Revolution
1. What were the social impacts of industrialization on Europe?
2. Why do you think the working conditions during the Industrial Revolution led some to argue for socialism?
3. Why might the work of realists, like Charles Dickens, have inspires social reform?
4. How did the Industrial Revolution impact the formation of new political systems?
5. How did the Industrial Revolution impact the formation of new economic systems?
6. Discuss the major social changes that occurred during the Industrial Revolution.
7. How did the Industrial Revolution influence women’s roles in society?
8. How did the working-class family change in the late 1800s?
9. How did society change as a result of urbanization?
10. How did society change as a result of industrialization?
11. What were some reasons governments promoted public education?