Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quizlet.com, thanks to Sophia

I'm going to forget this...someone remind me.

My 7 year-old niece had me help her with her Spanish homework yesterday.  Sadly, little miss diva had to spend 30 minutes showing me how to use her IPad Mini thing.  Just a side note, fat-fingered people like me should not be using these things.  Yes, there is a point to this story...

Once in the site - finally - little miss diva  looked up at me with those cute & innocent eyes most kids have and said "You know Aunt Denise, this would be a good way to test your kids too.  You can make it fill-in so they can see if they really know it for their big state test.  It's easy.  Let me show you..."

Sophia 1, Aunt Denise 0.  I got beat by a 2nd grader in the technology game.

I signed up for the site today.  (All by myself by the way...I hear a few of you in my head asking if Sophia had to do it for me.  I know you better than you think!)  It looks like I can't create a class unless you're a site member.  So here's what I need you all to do...become a member.

www.quizlet.com

It's free.  It's a study site.  You can study any open assignment from any teacher, anywhere.  I will make assignments for you so you can see how much you really know during Regents Review.  It doesn't replace Castle Learning - it simply tests a different skill in a different way.  I'm unsure yet if I'll use it for homework during review, but I might...so get yourselves signed up.

And again, can someone please remind me about this.  You know me, I'll forget about it 10 minutes from now.  The first person who raises their hand and brings it up during his/her class period gets 5 points added to their next test grade.  Post here if you intend to claim these points...and let's see if you remember, too.  It will also help in the event you don't raise your hand 1st or aren't called on 1st. 

Again, to be fair, you have to raise your hand after the bell had rung, once I'm in the room & have closed the door to start class.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to claim the points! -Dara Lemes Period 6

    ReplyDelete