3. Articles of Confederation
5. Land Ordinance of 1785
6. Northwest Ordinance of 1787
7. Shay’s Rebellion
8. James Madison
9. Great Compromise
10. Three-Fifths Compromise
12. Legislative Branch
13. Executive Branch’
14. Judicial Branch
15. Checks & Balances
16. Electoral College
20. The Federalist
21. Bill of Rights
“Regents Connections” Questions
1. How did the Declaration of Independence in the U.S. reflect the enlightenment ideas of Europe?
2. Why is the time of the Articles of Confederation referred to as the “critical Period?”
3. Why were the powers of national government purposely limited?
4. How did the authors of the Constitution fix the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation?
5. Why were no women, native Americans, or African-Americans included in the Constitution?
6. How did compromises suggested and made deal with slavery issues?
7. How was the national government under the Constitution different from the national government established under the Articles of Confederation?
8. Why was the Bill of Rights added to the Constitution?
9. How did the Bill of Rights satisfy Anti-Federalists?