Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A message to all students

If you have missed homework, were late, were absent, were unprepared, have not turned in your textbook...your progress report reflects that.  Your current grade is failing, so your progress report says "currently failing; in danger of failing for the year; average below 50; missing homework," and what ever attendance indicator best matches you (unprepared, cuts, late, absent.)

I warned you about this happening more than 2 weeks ago.

There are 15 classes left, and since I'm not taking any late work or doing make ups (since it's all class participation), some of you are well into the failure hole.  Remember, too, that I can give you a ZERO for the 4th marking period on your report card, the lowest grade is no longer a "50."  A LOT of you have actual zero's as your current average, and if that's what you gave me to report, that's what I'm reporting.

Pass or not, work or not, you have to earn your degree, not me.

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment